Use of products and services sold and advertised via texpad.com
is subject to following terms and conditions. By products
, we refer to
Texpad for macOS
, Texpad for iOS
, Texpad Connect
as well as auxiliary services such as Cloud Typesetter.
, we refer to the support provided to the users of these products.
Use of Valletta Ventures' products is subject to the following license agreed upon by users.
A. End User License Agreement (EULA)
This software license agreement (the “Agreement”) is between Valletta Ventures Ltd (the “Vendor”) and the buyer of a purchase certificate (the “Licensee”).
The Vendor wishes to license computer software to the Licensee and the Licensee desires to purchase the software license under the terms and conditions stated below.
In consideration of the provisions contained in this Agreement and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties agree as follows:
- Under this Agreement the Vendor grants to the Licensee a non-exclusive and non-transferrable license (the “License”) to use Texpad (the “Software”).
- “Software” includes the executable computer programs and any related printed, electronic and online documentation and any other files that may accompany the product.
- Title, copyright, intellectual property rights and distribution rights of the Software remain exclusively with the Vendor. Intellectual property rights include the look and feel of the Software. This Agreement constitutes a license for use only and is not in any way a transfer of ownership rights to the Software.
- The rights and obligations of this Agreement are personal rights granted to the Licensee only. The Licensee may not transfer or assign any of the rights or obligations granted under this Agreement to any other person or legal entity. The Licensee may not make available the Software for use by one or more third parties.
- The Software may not be modified, reverse-engineered, or de-compiled in any manner through current or future available technologies.
- Each licence permits the holder to install and use one copy of the Software on a single computer. The primary user of the computer on which the Software is installed may make a second copy for his or her exclusive use on a portable computer.
- Failure to comply with any of the terms under the License section will be considered a material breach of this Agreement.
- The Licensee will be entitled to maintenance upgrades and bug fixes, at no additional cost on the same platform. In a versioning system X.Y.Z, all minor updates with number Y incrementing and bug fixes with number Z incrementing will be free.
- The purchase price paid by the Licensee will constitute the entire license fee and is the full consideration for this Agreement. We reserve the right to charge for an update, unless it is a bug fix update.
Limitation of Liability:
- The Software is provided by the Vendor and accepted by the Licensee “as is”. Liability of the Vendor will be limited to a maximum of the original purchase price of the Software. The Vendor will not be liable for any general, special, incidental or consequential damages including, but not limited to, loss of production, loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, or any other business or economic disadvantage suffered by the Licensee arising out of the use or failure to use the Software.
- The Vendor makes no warranty expressed or implied regarding the fitness of the Software for a particular purpose or that the Software will be suitable or appropriate for the specific requirements of the Licensee.
- The Vendor does not warrant that use of the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free. The Licensee accepts that software in general is prone to bugs and flaws within an acceptable level as determined in the industry.
- The Vendor may remedy any non-conforming Software by providing a refund of the purchase price or, at the Vendor’s option, repair or replace any or all of the Software.
Warrants and Representations:
- The Vendor warrants and represents that it is the copyright holder of the Software. The Vendor warrants and represents that granting the license to use this Software is not in violation of any other agreement, copyright or applicable statute.
- All terms, conditions and obligations of this Agreement will be deemed to be accepted by the Licensee (“Acceptance”) upon execution of this Agreement.
- The term of this Agreement will begin on Acceptance and is perpetual.
- This Agreement will be terminated and the License forfeited where the Licensee has failed to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement or is in breach of this Agreement. On termination of this Agreement for any reason, the Licensee will promptly destroy the Software or return the Software to the Vendor.
- The Vendor will be free of liability to the Licensee where the Vendor is prevented from executing its obligations under this Agreement in whole or in part due to Force Majeure, such as earthquake, typhoon, flood, fire, and war or any other unforeseen and uncontrollable event where the Vendor has taken any and all appropriate action to mitigate such an event.
- This Agreement can only be modified in writing signed by both the Vendor and the Licensee.
- This Agreement does not create or imply any relationship in agency or partnership between the Vendor and the Licensee.
- Headings are inserted for the convenience of the parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement. Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine gender include the feminine gender and vice versa. Words in the neutral gender include the masculine gender and the feminine gender and vice versa.
- If any term, covenant, condition or provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, it is the parties’ intent that such provision be reduced in scope by the court only to the extent deemed necessary by that court to render the provision reasonable and enforceable and the remainder of the provisions of this Agreement will in no way be affected, impaired or invalidated as a result.
- This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties. All understandings have been included in this Agreement. Representations which may have been made by any party to this Agreement may in some way be inconsistent with this final written Agreement. All such statements are declared to be of no value in this Agreement. Only the written terms of this Agreement will bind the parties.
- This Agreement and the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement apply to and are binding upon the Vendor’s successors and assigns.
B. Texpad Connect
1. Monthly Plans
Users may downgrade and upgrade at monthly intervals. When downgrading, Texpad Connect
checks and ensures that new private project and collaborator limits are not exceeded.
In cases where this is not so, projects and collaborators beyond the allowed quota of
the new plan are deleted. It is user's responsibility to ensure that projects exceeding
capacity provided by the new plan are backed up and removed before downgrading.
2. Private Projects
Valletta Ventures does not use private projects' data for any purposes other than syncing them
across user's various devices and the web interface. A collaborator added to a project by
the owner will have full access to the project data but no ability to modify its 'metadata'.
By metadata, we refer to data regarding the project description, visibility, ownership and
3. Public Projects
Public projects are publicly visible and their data isa accessible by anyone visiting
texpad.com. It may be indexed by search engines as well as search functions within
4. General statements on usage
Valletta Ventures reserves the right to change Texpad Connect plan prices and usage
allowance on a monthly basis. Users will not be charged for the current month they have
already paid for.
Before deleting an account or downgrading to smaller plan, it is entirely the responsibility
of the user to export and archive their projects. Valletta Ventures is not responsible for
any loss of data in such circumstances.
We reserve the right to refuse membership to a user at the end of their currently paid
monthly plan period.
Updates to these terms and conditions will be announced on Texpad Connect as well as via
emails to signed up users. When a user disagrees with such changes, he or she
must take actions to resolve their account status should they wish to continue using
C. Miscellaneous Extras
1. Cloud Typesetter
In Texpad iOS, users can opt to use our cloud typesetting server. The use of the which is
subject to following terms.
- Texpad's cloud typesetters use secure HTTPS connection to transfer data from user's
iOS device to typesetting servers and back. At the end of each typeset, this data is
instantly deleted as the result (the PDF and the error log) is posted back to the user.
- No user data is persisted on Valletta Ventures' servers.
In the case of any server failure,
user data is deleted upon resuscitating, but no further guarantees are provided as to
the security of this data.
2. On-board iOS Typesetter
Texpad provides a built-in LaTeX typesetter on iOS, which is engineered by Valletta Ventures from
open source TeX and LaTeX system. This typesetter is under on-going maintenance and improvements.
Due to the nature of the legacy system TeX, no guarantees are provided that all documents will be
compiled into a full PDF in all cases.
3. Data Storage
The following applies to both Texpad iOS and Texpad macOS.
- Valletta Ventures is not responsible for any loss of any data caused by a device crash.
- Valletta Ventures is not responsible for any loss of any data caused an interaction with
Dropbox which may be affected by various factors such as poor communication channels as well
as the availability of Dropbox servers.
4. Revoking usernames
We reserve the right to revoke a username assigned to a registered user. In such cases, the affected user will be given the chance to select another available username.
5. Closing online accounts
- Online accounts are closed on user's written request. This process is done manually and is not reversible.
- We keep a record of user email for all direct purchases on the website texpad.com. This is necessary to support the licence and its use on user's current and future computers. Deleting such user data will result invalidate the purchased licence, and by requesting for such deletion, a user will be consent for their purchase to be invalid. No refunds will be given in these situations.
- Licence holders that have a full texpad.com account may request for their account to be deleted. Their accounts will be deleted but the purchase record will be kept in order to validate their licence. The preceding point will apply to deletion of this purchase data.
D. Online Payments
Payments made for app purchases and Texpad Connect subscriptions are handled by PCI-compliant services.
All payments are processed using PCI
-compliant service provided by Stripe
. More information on security in general and PCI-compliance in particular may be found on Stripe's website
E. A note to resellers
We do not deal with resellers. Any software purchased from this website must be downloaded and paid for by
end consumers, individuals or institutions, directly from our website. If you're a reseller, please refer your customers
to us for direct purchase and do not, under any circumstances, carry out a purchase on their behalf.
Texpad licenses and subscriptions are non-transferable and are associated with a single email used to carry out the
original purchase. We take no responsibility for the loss of a purchase when transacted in an unauthorised manner
by a reseller.
F. Non-standard Platforms
We do not support jail-broken iOS devices or hackintoshes, nor do
we provide support to fix issues with making our products work with such devices. Likewise, kernel extensions to your operating system can cause unpredicatble behaviour and we do not guarantee a functional app when kernel extensions have been installed by a user.
G. Updates, bug fixes and new features
New releases of our apps will deliver new features as well as fixes for bugs reported or detected in older versions. We reserve the right to drop support for older operating systems in such updates.
Any reported bugs will always be fixed in the newest possible version of the app, which may or may not support the older operating systems.
H. Use of Texpad on pre-release version of operating systems
We do not support pre-release or beta versions of operating systems that Texpad is sold for, such as macOS and iOS.
Texpad will only be fully tested against stable, official releases of operating system. Valletta Ventures does not
take responsibility for loss of data or productivity in cases where Texpad exhibits problems on such unsupported