Texpad 1.7 is our biggest update yet, in fact is more a new app than it is an update. We hope you like it, and as always, if you have any feedback, please let us know at email@example.com.
Typesetting has been rewritten, streamlined and upgraded. CMD-B, CMD-I, CMD-L etc. have been dropped in favour of a single CMD-T, which should do the right thing in every situation, if it does not, we consider that a bug and we would like to hear about. That said, the auto-sense can be overridden and Texpad’s typesetting is more configurable than ever before. Additionally native support has been added for Sweave, Knitr, Plain TeX, ConteXt, etc.
- Typeset configuration deduced from your document including but not limited to indices(including glossaries, acronyms, etc.), shell escape, bibliography, Knitr, Plain TeX, BibTeX/Biber.
- Texpad’s new Smart typesetting drops unnecessary typeset runs, which greatly speeds up typesetting.
- Auto-Typeset uses the smart typesetter to update bibliographies and indices without losing any performance.
- New Typesetter UI
- New configuration dropdown exposes the full typeset configuration per-document if you wish to override the Automatic typesetter.
- The errors and log have been moved to a toolbar dropdown to stop them interfering with your PDF view, and we have added an indicator of typeset status on the toolbar itself.
- In addition to LaTeX, there is now builtin support for
- Plain TeX
- There is no need to save a document before typesetting. Paste a snippet of TeX into a new window, and typeset to a PDF without ever having to save it to disk.
- New PDF toolbar
- Zoom buttons have moved to the toolbar, and you can now click the percentage to alter it manually.
- Page count added to the toolbar.
- If you have an external screen, click the monitor icon, choose the screen and your PDF will be displayed on that external monitor.
- Synctex Lock: turn this on and the editor and PDF will scroll as one.
- New clearer, preferences window.
- New organiser window.
- External changes are handled more smoothly now.